Thursday, January 26, 2023

The Difference Between Understanding and Doing

Is the difference between 0 and 1. 

It's not some incremental improvement. It's crossing a chasm--going from nothing to something. 

Over the past couple weeks I've brought this blog back online after unpublishing all of it several years ago. This entailed going through dozens of old posts. 

I deleted all the haiku. Most of them were trash; all of them were a lazy way to fulfill my self-imposed one-post-a-day quota.

Several longer posts were unproductive rants from a hurt, angry young man. These were deleted as well. 

However, the majority of the non-haiku posts were (in my opinion) worthwhile, positive insights that I still believe today. 

The problem? Aside from writing brief blog posts, I did nothing to execute on these valuable sentiments. There was a (shallow) understanding with no action. 

Don't let 6 years go by (and it really does fly). Start doing things that are in accord with your highest values. Today

The do more tomorrow. And the next day. Day by day, Now by Now, build a life you're proud of. 

Action!  

No comments:

Post a Comment