Wednesday, March 30, 2016

For You

Do things for you, not for some other person, real or imagined. You are the only person who can make you happy, and when it's all said and done the only person you'll have to answer to is yourself.

This applies in all aspects of life, but especially in business. Don't think in terms of a job, think about projects that excite you and help you grow. Don't think, "Oh, this experience will look great on my resume." Instead, ask yourself, "Will I learn something from this experience?"

The industrial economy is dead, the body is decomposing as I type this. College is a middle-aged obese person with a bad heart. That is, it's dying. Don't let any charlatan tell you different.

Do things for you. Explore your passions and ask questions to unearth your natural talents. Hone those talents into valuable skills people will be happy to pay you for.

Strive towards who you want to be, not what others try to define you as.

As Jimi Hendrix said, "I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."  

No comments:

Post a Comment