Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Money Matters and Tony Robbins

Today I feel compelled to share exercises and my notes from Tony Robbins's audiobook, Hour of Power. After this are a handful of beliefs about money to add to your self-talk.

First, make a list of why no money hurts. In other words, what would you do if your supply of money was endless. My list looks like this:

-Travel
-Proper nutrition
-Creating a city that sustains and fulfills my family and friends
-Living where I want
-Helping my mom's, aunt's, and uncle's health
-Fixing up my mom's house
-Creating an alternative private school
-Having a personal home gym
-Creating businesses
-Having nice clothing

I'm sharing my examples for illustration purposes. By no means are these the "right" or "good" lists.

Next, list what money means to you.

Success
Corruption
Influence
Freedom
Sway
Crime
Waste
Gravity
Fat

Afterwards go back and mark whether each thing is a positive or negative (i.e. my list would be +,-,+,+,+,-,-,+,-)

Following what money means, ask yourself what you were taught about money.

"Root of all evil"
"Not real"
"Time is money"
"More money, more problems"
"Not enough"
"Need more"

Next, list all of the personal enhancements that come with financial freedom.

-Be able to travel anywhere at any time
-Be able to eat 100% organic diet--personal chef
-Be able to buy a Tesla for myself and my family members...and so on and so forth.

Okay. After this, you're going to go back to what you were taught about money and ridicule the stupid, negative beliefs. These more positive views can be anchored through repetition.

1. Money is the root of all evil--to fools who don't realize the roots of evil are fear and hate.
2. Money is not real, but it produces real things and experiences.
3. More money, more problems, my ass!
4. Need more, get more.
5. Not enough money is an illusion and a self-constructed prison.

Now we come to, what I believe, to be the cream of the crop; beliefs Tony suggests we add:

1. Money is nothing but the measure of the value I create for other people. The more I give to others, the more money I receive on an ongoing and consistent basis.

2. My belief is: In order to become wealthy, I need only two things. #1) Every single day live in an attitude of gratitude. That is, feel incredibly grateful for the wealth already in my life, in my friends and my family and the environment where I live, in my work, in everything around me see a sense of possibility and feel the abundance that is my life. #2) Learn to give back much more than you expect to get.

*Affirmation: "God's wealth is circulating in my life. His wealth flows to me in avalanches of abundance. All my needs, desires, and goals are met instantaneously, for I am one with God, and God is everything."

3. Get some great role models.

4. Make sure that on an ongoing basis you experience yourself as a giver.

  1. I deserve it because I'm alive.
  2. Give away at least 10% of what you earn!
*Read The Richest Man in Babylon

  1. 10% give away
  2. 10% pay down debt
  3. 10% to invest
  4. 10% for fun
5. Create experiences with money that creates tremendous pleasure and joy for yourself and the people around you.

The segment closed by Tony offering a 10-day challenge, which I pay forward to you, Considerate Reader. For 10 days, write down 3 ideas on how to make money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment